Using a Display with a Security System

Using your AlertMe, British Gas Hive, Safe & Secure or Iris system.
roobarb!
Site Admin

Using a Display with a Security System

Post by roobarb! » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:01 am

I've just tried pairing a Display (as purchased with the currently available Energy Kit on the AlertMe website) with my original AlertMe Security system. I can't remember if this was ever a configuration that was supposed to work, but I can report that it does!

The Display paired perfectly and appears with the correct logo in the web interface. As usual it's taking a while for my Classic Hub to correctly reload the configuration, but apart from that it's all working very well indeed. Shame it's only available in black these days, but it's still a handy addition.
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

APrettyBee

Re: Using a Display with a Security System

Post by APrettyBee » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Works the other way around too. I've got a nanoclamp (supplied with the free BG energy monitor) feeding the BG RHC system. (Hence my interest in the API!)

I'd be interested to give a smart plug or key fob a try too.

roobarb!
Site Admin

Re: Using a Display with a Security System

Post by roobarb! » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:25 pm

I know that it is possible to pair up other devices (such as an Alarm Detector) with the Energy system, but the reality is that without the reporting functionality, it's not really any use - it gave me temperature readings, but that's about the lot! Keyfobs were more useful because they gave presence information which appeared in the UI quite happily. :)
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!