AlertMe have been in contact!

Using your AlertMe, British Gas Hive, Safe & Secure or Iris system.
Braeside

Re: AlertMe have been in contact!

Post by Braeside » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 pm

I am using the SmartThings Hub with some a combination of ST sensors and HIve parts supplied by AlertMe/ Hive.

1 have 4 Hive active bulbs supplied very recently, one of which has #already failed#. It is in an overhead light fitting which take 3 bulbs all controlled by a single wall switch which has to be left on to allow the app to control the bulb switching and dimming.

One of those 3 bulbs no longer switches off or dims via the app, it just stays on all the time that the power is applied, looks like the ZigBee part has packed in.

I will remove it tomorrow and replace with the 4th bulb and then see if Hive will replace the faulty bulb.

Just a note before anyone asks, no it is not a dimmer switch that I have supplying the light fitting. Hive warn against their use with the active bulbs.

Team_Dandism

Post by Team_Dandism » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:33 pm

Alertme came back to me after a few days.

I've taken up the offer of some smart plugs, door and motion sensors. as i already have Hive.

How long before a siren and a change in software to enable home / away states to turn hive into alertme mk2? currently i cant see a huge use for the motion sensor / door sensor other than turning plugs on and off as you walk into rooms etc.

They also said the current alertme system would continue to work in terms of allowing me to set states on and off from the remotes, but that i wouldn't be able to change setup etc. Whether the plugs will still trigger when alarm goes off etc and other rules will work is unknown.

As such i potentially have a system that sort of works as an alarm and maybe will even text me when it goes off, my camera wont work but they said it was a geneic IP cam so can be reused. I guess the smart plugs are dead other than use as signal boosters for hive.

This is actually better than i expected. It's a shame we cant move the server hosting and those of us who still want it to work contribute to this, but i expect they want to kill alertme and push people onto hive and whatever it develops into in the future.

If anyone figures a way to hack the hub or make it connect to a local server so we can still use the sensors that'd be great.

Matt

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:26 am

Team_Dandism wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:33 pm
If anyone figures a way to hack the hub or make it connect to a local server so we can still use the sensors that'd be great.
Progress is being made!
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

mw631774

Post by mw631774 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Good to see you're making progress :-)

I use my plugs as repeaters only so I'm more interested in the alarm sensors (motion and door window). Hope they will work with XBee eventually ...

mw631774

Post by mw631774 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 pm

My AlertMe hub has stopped working since yesterday. I started flashing red and nothing is working anymore. It's still flashing red ...

Anyone else seeing this as well?

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:59 pm

mw631774 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 pm
Anyone else seeing this as well?
Yup, mine noticed the server was gone a couple of days ago. End of the line for that little guy.

Ah, did all of your rules stop working too? In which case, I'm guessing it called out for an update, the update failed because there was nobody to respond and now it'll be stuck in permanent limbo.
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

mw631774

Post by mw631774 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Nothing is working anymore - pressing key fobs doesn't trigger anything, some door sensors used to trigger a sound when activated, some SmartPlugs switched on or off based on rules - all that stopped working.

This is obviously something even AlertMe wasn't aware off as I have an email from them explaining:
Also to note, that the AlertMe system will operate locally e.g. any actions you have set up at the moment e.g. open door > make noise. This will still work, you just wont be able to access the UI to amend the settings.

mw631774

Post by mw631774 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Got this response from AlertMe:
I am sorry to hear that for whatever reason your hub has begun to flash red and not respond. Unfortunately as the AlertMe platform has now been decommissioned this also includes all our support tools as well so I am unable to remotely diagnose your issue.

If a reboot of the hub does not resolve your issue then I am not sure what to suggest as I will not be able to provide you with any further support.
I did a restart with the pin but nothing changed - still flashing red ...

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:13 am

mw631774 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:09 pm
I did a restart with the pin but nothing changed - still flashing red ...
If the Hub is looking for a configuration, it'll never find it. Looks to me that once the Hubs request an update, they discard their original configuration expecting to receive the latest version from the server, but the server is no longer there.

The game is over for all of the AlertMe Hubs now, I think.