Major problems at AlertMe

Using your AlertMe, British Gas Hive, Safe & Secure or Iris system.
terry

Major problems at AlertMe

Post by terry » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:33 am

For a few weeks I've been having problems with data updating on the dashboard, AlertMe said they were aware of a problem and this was being fixed.

Since Monday night I have been getting constant emails saying that my hub is offline throughout the night.

I contacted AlertMe today and they have said that there has been a big problem since Monday with third party servers causing hubs to go offline.

They say this is a priority and it's being worked on, lets hope so.

Anyone else having problems?

phil4

Re: Major problems at AlertMe

Post by phil4 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Yep, same issue, through the night, on off on off on off etc. etc.

I was up early enough this morning to witness the hub offline. Network was up, internet ok, could even go to secure.alertme.com, but hub offline (and not on GRPS either). Rectified itself a few minutes later.

In a way, hung by their own petard... sending emails to us all to alert us to the fact they're broken. At that time of the day I doubt many would have noticed otherwise.

Currently can't get to secure.alertme.com so suspect their problems are pretty dire at the moment.

bendy

Post by bendy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:31 am

Yup all completely down with no customer support

I think they may have gone bust.

Shame

terry

Post by terry » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:25 am

I spoke to AlertMe today on their online chat and they have put messages out on Facebook and Twitter.

They are aware and are working on the problem, but this isn't very good at all.

I wonder if this is affecting British Gas Safe & Secure.

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:02 am

There's a problem with the web interface now, as well.
alertmeloginerror.png
alertmeloginerror.png (26.45 KiB) Viewed 4839 times
Update 1: Oh, and the server now seems to be down. No API, no pings.
Update 2: Page seems to be back (pings would appear to be ignored), but still no login.
Update 3: Login now works, but dashboard loads no data.
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Also, when quizzed for more details on Twitter, AlertMe replied thus:
We'll keep you updated here but the message is on the support site, if you are logged in and search for status update
So, you have to log in (using a login service which is down, so that's easy), then search for 'status update' to find any information. Absolutely ridiculous - if a service is down, post a message on your home page and link to an open status page where users can get information and an explanation of what you are doing to fix the issue.
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

terry

Post by terry » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Everything was looking like it was working again but I've just had another email saying the hub was disconnected.

Still having problems it seems!

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:00 am

terry wrote:Everything was looking like it was working again but I've just had another email saying the hub was disconnected.

Still having problems it seems!
I think that email may have been genuine - the server realising that the hub really was disconnected as it came back online. I got one at around the same time.

I did notice yesterday that an alarm trigger (I set it off on purpose when I got home) took nearly three hours for an SMS arrive at my phone. Also, the clock has reverted to GMT instead of BST again.

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:18 am

roobarb! wrote:I did notice yesterday that an alarm trigger (I set it off on purpose when I got home) took nearly three hours for an SMS arrive at my phone. Also, the clock has reverted to GMT instead of BST again.
Just finished a chat with them now; they're aware of the clock issue and are trying out a fix on my system today. They had a massive backlog on the server, which has now been cleared, so SMS should be back to normal now as well.

Hehe. I've just noticed that this forum is still on GMT. :roll:

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:21 am

roobarb! wrote:Hehe. I've just noticed that this forum is still on GMT. :roll:
Right, well, I've changed the settings in the board config and under your User Control Panel (top left) you can configure BST under 'Board preferences'. ;)