Configuration load failed??

Extending the system, interesting uses and API twiddling.
Artic6

Post by Artic6 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm getting an issue with my configuration not loading and my Smart-plugs taking over 1 hour to respond.....AlertMe recon this is the hub data throughput overloaded

I have 45 devices on my system including 2 CCTV cameras......I have removed 5x smart-plugs and both CCTV camera which brings the total to 38 devices.

Still fails, this all stopped working on the 28th May 2012, could this be overloading the hub or something else???

Full article on my blog below.

http://leecroucher.me/blog/2012/05/aler ... ad-failed/

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:36 am

I also get 'configuration load failed' errors, but on a system with considerably fewer devices than yours. This happens every time a new device is added and requires a forced reset of the hub each time (paper clip in the reset hole does the trick).

I saw a video from AlertMe once with them controlling many SmartPlugs from one system, so a total overload seems a little strange. So much is handled at their end and then pushed down to the Hub that investigations at the home end are really very limited.

I would keep on at them, but if they did happen to replace your Hub, it would be necessary to re-associate all your devices with the replacement (for obvious security reasons). No small feat in your setup! :)
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

Artic6

Post by Artic6 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Well the issue is getting worse, tried a reset no difference

Also, it does not detect any new devices and takes hours to process commands....

AlertMe are telling me it's the hub CPU overloaded, I think I have a faulty hub

phil4

Re: Configuration load failed??

Post by phil4 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:56 pm

I don't disagree on the faulty hub theory. However when I started with my system I got nearly no errors, as the system has grown (still nothing like yours, perhaps 1/3rd the size), the number of errors has gone up. Now it's almost a certainty, but if left it sorts itself out eventually.

Keep pestering support, it used to be what AlertMe was famous for. I've not used it in over a year, so let us know how it is these days.

Artic6

Post by Artic6 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Well yes it's frustrating, seems like I've been going from error to error at the moment, need to get some confidence back in the product

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:05 am

Well, please post back here and let us know how you get along. Would be good to know.
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

Madass

Re: Configuration load failed??

Post by Madass » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:35 pm

I thought the Smart sockets acted as repeaters and the basic system could support a "number" of devices but if you added a Smart socket it could support more. if my memory serves me right I was told this by the help desk when I first brought mine. Could be completely wrong but... removing sockets would reduce the density the hub could support?
As I said could be complete waffle but just something stuck in the back of my head.
Also I get the same fail msg but when I check it the hub has taken the reconfiguration!

Cheers

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:43 pm

You're half right; the SmartPlugs do act as repeaters (they extend the ZigBee wireless mesh, so devices can be further away from the Hub and still connect to it), but they don't offer any increased processing capability. Same goes for the Lamp.

Artic6

Post by Artic6 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:55 pm

My hub is with AlertMe for testing, keep you all posted