Zigbee pairing with other system

Extending the system, interesting uses and API twiddling.
wpiman

Zigbee pairing with other system

Post by wpiman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Has anyone tried to pair any of the alertme.com hardware with an different Zigbee system? I have a door sensor and a Telegesis usb stick.

I create a pan with the USB stick, and power up the door sensor. I see the door sensor say NEWNODE and identifies itself as a SED..

The device does this over and over. I am undersure how to ackowledge it from the terminal commands. Any ideas?

roobarb!
Site Admin

Re: Zigbee pairing with other system

Post by roobarb! » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:59 am

I'm pretty sure that AlertMe uses some form of encryption between sensors and the Hub. At a guess, you'd need to appear to be an AlertMe Hub before the sensors would be happy to talk to you. I may, of course, be entirely wrong - it might be post-pairing that the security kicks in.

Hmm. Interestingly, though, you can pair AlertMe-brand sensors with the British Gas Safe & Secure system. I may well be talking via my bum. ;)
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

wpiman

Re: Zigbee pairing with other system

Post by wpiman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:06 pm

I think what happens is it logs in, and then expects some sort of register write from the coordinator. If it doesn't get that within some window, it assumes it paired to the wrong thing and moves on to look for other pans.

I have no idea what they would be