Camera firmware

Extending the system, interesting uses and API twiddling.
trintrax

Camera firmware

Post by trintrax » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:32 am

Anybody tried to update the firmware on their Alertme(sitecom) camera?
I have 1.0.04 installed. Sitecom offers 1.0.06 http://sitecom.com/support-product/prod ... 30#drivers
As the Hub auto configures the camera setup I am not sure if an update will brake this process. On the other hand I am having a lot of wifi problems that could be sorted out by this update.

Update: Just noticed the newest firmware from sitecom is 1.1.10

roobarb!
Site Admin

Re: Camera firmware

Post by roobarb! » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:40 am

Not tried, but tempted. So long as certain settings remain editable in the firmware, it might be okay (even if they need setting manually).
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Well, thought I'd give it a shot, but at least on my camera it fails with:

Code: Select all

Error: Upgrade file format error
I tried a few different firmware files (v1.0.06, v1.0.10 and v1.0.11) but with no luck. What version information is on the back of your camera? Mine says it is an RC8021, currently running firmware v1.0.04.

In the process I reset my camera and it appears that the hub talks to it using an anonymous UDP connection. So long as this is supported on later firmware releases, it should work fine.
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

Madass

Post by Madass » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi I have two alert me cameras but I also use a camera from the old Halo system that I ditched for the Am system. Same camera but different layout on the setup scree. AM hub finds and links with it o problem. The AM cameras are running V1.0.04 but the Halo one is V1.0.03.
I'm out in Vietnam at present but when I get home I will happily try to flash this one up to the 06 version.

roobarb!
Site Admin

Camera firmware

Post by roobarb! » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:59 am

Is the Halo camera the same model as the AlertMe / SiteCom one?

Madass

Post by Madass » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi, yes in every way shape and form except the menu is different which I put down to FW. Saying this the hub finds and connects to it. The only thing it can't do is the motion detection and again I think that may be a FW thing.

http://www.home-halo.co.uk/products

roobarb!
Site Admin

Camera firmware

Post by roobarb! » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Had to laugh at myself there. I genuinely thought you meant Halo the video game, not Halo the home security system. :)

kgymac

Post by kgymac » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:00 am

Hello,

I was Sercomm RC8021 in the package. http://www.sercomm.com/SWI/GUI/PROD_IPS.htm
Manages IP Cam Viewer (Android) as Sercomm RC8030

ps: sorry my poor English.