AlertMe API version? Still v2?

Extending the system, interesting uses and API twiddling.
APrettyBee

Re: AlertMe API version? Still v2?

Post by APrettyBee » Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 pm

For anyone interested in getting started with php and the V5 API, have a look here http://www.peterbatey.com/articles/alertme-api.html

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Wed May 29, 2013 4:29 pm

APrettyBee wrote:For anyone interested in getting started with php and the V5 API, have a look here http://www.peterbatey.com/articles/alertme-api.html
That's great stuff. I was going to start looking at baking some AlertMe stuff into a site and this has really saved me some time!
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

APrettyBee

Post by APrettyBee » Thu May 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Happy to help! I've also got a java implementation if there's any interest.

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Fri May 31, 2013 1:54 pm

APrettyBee wrote:Happy to help! I've also got a java implementation if there's any interest.
Fancy! :)

Just a quick question - with API v5, do you have any problems with the 'caller' parameter? No matter what I do, my caller property never shows up in the logs. All I get instead is 'disarmed from the api' and never the actual name. :roll:
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

APrettyBee

Post by APrettyBee » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Hmm. I don't have any devices that log anything - so I can't see. The implementation is as per the API doc, so it should work.

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:46 pm

APrettyBee wrote:Hmm. I don't have any devices that log anything - so I can't see. The implementation is as per the API doc, so it should work.
Sorry, I should have been a little clearer in that I don't blame your code - I've got a method in C that's written in precisely the same way, as per the docs, but it still just shows 'from the api'! ;)

APrettyBee

Post by APrettyBee » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:29 am

Draft API.... There's probably a few of these nuances in there.

djh

Post by djh » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:23 pm

roobarb! wrote:Thread resurrection; I have just discovered that there is indeed a new API - or at least, it's newer than the one I knew about previously. I haven't tested it yet, but the documentation is here:

https://api.alertme.com/v5/docs/
Thanks for the pointer to the latest APIs, very useful indeed.

It might also go some way to explain why the 'History' section of https://mobile.alertme.com/ doesn't work (it just returns "Array").

The API docs linked above are blank when you click on Devices -> Events, so I guess they never got around to implementing them!

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:33 pm

APrettyBee wrote:Draft API.... There's probably a few of these nuances in there.
Hehe, they've been 'draft' for years. ;)