AlertMePI - The Perl interface to AlertMe

Extending the system, interesting uses and API twiddling.
roobarb!
Site Admin

AlertMePI - The Perl interface to AlertMe

Post by roobarb! » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:20 pm

-------------------------
AlertMePI v2.06 on GitHub
-------------------------

This has been mentioned before, but if you want a bit more control over your system and are comfortable on the command line, I wrote AlertMePI some time ago. It has been through some minor revisions, but I still use it frequently to get information from AlertMe devices around the house.

It's actually entirely possible to build your own services using this (eg. timers for SmartPlugs, graphing temperature - pretty much anything), although it does require a level of technical expertise. I even made my own web interface to the system, which has been quite reliable!

Use the link above and hit the Downloads tab if you'd like to try it out. Mac OS X and Linux only at the moment.
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

Theolsen

Re: AlertMePI - The Perl interface to AlertMe

Post by Theolsen » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:49 am

The API is great...I'm just about to integrate it into SiriProxy - planning on Arm / Disarm / Night but also battery status enquiries...will be fun!

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:53 am

Hehe - I'm still to play with SiriProxy, but that would be a fantastic use of it! :)
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

Theolsen

Post by Theolsen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:36 am

Eureka!

I now have Siriproxy control over my alarm thanks to alertme.pl At the moment I am using Home / Night / Away commands only but I plan to interrogate device status for battery level and signal in the next week. Might even ask them for power consumption status!

Thanks again roobarb!

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:08 pm

Genius!