Going back to original security system!

Where the complaints live.
james.elson

Re: Going back to original security system!

Post by james.elson » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:11 pm

terry wrote:And, I had this comment regarding the British Gas system:

With regards to the kits that British Gas are retailing, these are made up of our devices, rebranded for Safe and Secure, and a group of devices from another company which have been designed specifically to run on British Gas's server.

So, looks like they've got someone else in to make the new pieces for the BG system, these haven't been manufactured or developed by AlertMe.
I can't see how they would have been able to do that. I didn't think it was possible to use any of AlertMe's kit on other hubs (I know technically should be possible as they all use the Zigbee standard, but we can't mix-and-match with non-Alert me items). It definitely looks as though their hub is based on the AlertMe one (and based on the look of the console, their backend servers must be based on AlertMe too, if not actually the AlertMe servers themselves).

Although it'd be a real shame if you're right, and these devices are nothing to do with AlertMe.

James

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:50 pm

I suspect their statement is half true.

I suspect they got all the info, support and help they needed for AM while also getting another firm to develop the devices. And I suspect that while they didn't make them, AM helped BG every step of the way, probably even changing the website and server software to support them.

All just suspicion though.

bert&ernie

Post by bert&ernie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:18 pm

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:34 pm

I very much enjoy the description of the Button.

"Deters and frightens intruders while alerting the neighbours."
Screen Shot 2012-03-20 at 14.31.59.png
Yes, it is terribly scary.
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!