Going back to original security system!

Where the complaints live.
phil4

Re: Going back to original security system!

Post by phil4 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Sounds like complete flannel to me.

Regardless of whether the BG stuff is actually compatible.... I doubt they'll ever release any of it for regular AlertMe customers, likewise the new forum.

Talk about infuriating and how to piss off your customers.... I'm guessing they just think we're clueless sheep who will carry on regardless.

Coops

Post by Coops » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:12 pm

So, had a reply from customer services today in respect of my question "I note that British Gas have now released their own branded version of AlertMe which has a large number of the missing features that I and others were promised. I bought this system in good faith can you please confirm how I am will be looked after as an existing client of both AlertMe and British Gas I will be very disappointed if I am left with the only option of ditching my current system because it has been 'abandoned."

Response

"Thank you for contacting AlertMe.

Please note that the offer you are referring to is part of a trial, for which small groups of customers were selected and contacted directly by British Gas. If you wish to obtain further details on whether it is possible to sign up to any trials, I would recommend contacting British Gas directly.

I can also assure you that our current Smart Monitoring and Smart Energy packages have not been abandoned. We are continuing to develop our own improvements to the system, and hope to release an updated monitoring user interface in the early part of next year. Additional devices are still available to purchase via our online shop, and we remain at your disposal for any questions you may have regarding your AlertMe kit.
"

I've emailed them again to try and get a proper answer but not looking good, just more platitudes and no action.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 pm

I didn't notice any mentions on the BG site about it being a trial.

As you say, all words, nothing of any real substance.

Coops

Post by Coops » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Oh and for any of you who wonder what next I noticed that Pilgrim Beart tweeted "pilgrimbeart Looking forward to talking about our new babies Smart Heating and Smart Data at HEAT'11 this pm."

And finally, maybe this is what happened to the boiler controller.... http://www.cambridgenetwork.co.uk/news/ ... bjid=85338

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Coops wrote:..."hope to release an updated monitoring user interface in the early part of next year."
How many times have we heard this. Honestly? Do they think we never compare notes? The two most annoying lines from AlertMe for me are:

"Hope to release..."

"This is something we are looking into..."

That's pretty much all we ever get when we ask about the future development of the system.
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

pavilion

Post by pavilion » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:06 am

that post also pretty much confirms no new devices too as it only mentions existing ones are available in the online shop. and it's not a trial, it's available openly on the Internet! either BG have done this behind AM's back or AM are feeding us more lies

Coops

Post by Coops » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Can barely bring myself to post their latest response when I challenged for more detail, as I know it will only serve to fan the flames but here goes....

"I sincerely apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

Please note that the new user interface is due for release next summer, however I am not able to confirm any dates. Please also be advised that this may change depending on testing and developmental requirements. There are no specific plans for new monitoring devices at the moment.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to provide any more specific information than this.

I do of course understand your frustration, and will be certain to pass on your comments so that they can be taken into account when improving our services.
"

Next Summer now.................. Out of interest has anyone ever had any contact with Pilgrim? Can't help thinking it might be worth a try but I've never had any contact with him, wonder if some of the more established users have? http://www.beart.org.uk/

phil4

Post by phil4 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:59 pm

So the long and short of it seems to be:

- New interface, 7 months away, at best.
- No new devices. At all.

So as already mentioned, either
- BG have taken the AM stuff, and run with it themselves (ie. behind AM's back),
or
- AM have assisted BG and are just spinning us all along.

I suspect the later, and I suspect AM are "winding" their bit of it down.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:59 pm

And nope, I've not contact PB, anyone else?

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:53 pm

phil4 wrote:And nope, I've not contact PB, anyone else?
No, but I think it's a good idea. It was his startup, after all - and he's still involved (although in what day-to-day capacity, we don't know).

Also, if you visit his website, take a look at the videos about AlertMe. There are some brief images of the heating controller and updated iPhone app that I've never seen before.
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!