Welcome to the AlertMe Users' Forum!

Announcements and 'help with the forum' posts live here.
roobarb!
Site Admin

Welcome to the AlertMe Users' Forum!

Post by roobarb! » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the new forum for AlertMe users! Since the official forums were squirrelled away in a hidden corner of AlertMe.com and have now been discontinued, I felt that it was time we had somewhere open where we chat about the AlertMe system.

I'm not one for strict moderation; all that's asked around here is that you keep it polite, on topic and think before you post. Remember that this forum is completely unofficial, so there won't be any support from AlertMe.com staff. Posts about anything and everything AlertMe-related are very welcome, particularly how people are using their systems and any interesting adaptations or hacks people have been involved with.

Finally, if you're a member of any of the Beta, Labs or Panel projects, just bear in mind that you may be under a non-disclosure agreement with AlertMe, and they'll probably not be happy if you drop any of their trade secrets. If you do and I'm contacted, I will remove that sort of content.

Oh, and one last thing; don't forget to add some information about yourself in your profile - even if it's just an avatar pic, your general location, or if you're on any of the AlertMe projects mentioned above.

Hope you enjoy the new surroundings! :)
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

pavilion

Re: Welcome to the AlertMe Users' Forum!

Post by pavilion » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Ahhh! Thats better! much nicer forum software! Funny thing about there being no support from alertme staff - there wasnt any on the official forum either lol

Weeg

Post by Weeg » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Hello,

Thanks for setting up the forum. The official one wasn't very user friendly, I preferred their original forum that was setup ages back.

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:04 pm

pavilion wrote:Ahhh! Thats better! much nicer forum software! Funny thing about there being no support from alertme staff - there wasnt any on the official forum either lol
I have to admit, a little voice in my head did say the same thing as I typed that. ;)

Actually, responses from staff were never too bad. It was just that those responses were usually contradicted fairly soon afterwards - the fate of the forum being a case in point.
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Weeg wrote:Thanks for setting up the forum. The official one wasn't very user friendly, I preferred their original forum that was setup ages back.
No problem! Hope it gets some users and becomes a handy place to visit. :)

Yes, I vaguely remember they used a different forum at one point... That replacement was incredibly clunky.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Well, a simple "thanks" from me for putting this place together.