Attracting Users

Announcements and 'help with the forum' posts live here.
roobarb!
Site Admin

Attracting Users

Post by roobarb! » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:00 am

Seeing as the old forum may well be out of reach for many now, does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could publicise ourselves to other AlertMe users? We are climbing the Google rankings, but it'll take a bit more time and content before that's a reliable way people reaching us.

I've been in touch with @alertmeuserssay on Twitter, which may well help, but what about the other ~70,000 of us?* ;)

*Number stolen from post By phil4 on 'Watch AlertMe Signups'!
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

iKinch

Re: Attracting Users

Post by iKinch » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:46 am

I think twitter may be the best way.
I came here due to @alertmeuserssay retweeting a link here. As long as he keeps that up im sure people will follow.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:16 pm

Not a twitter expert, but could we tag onto alertme's own formal tweets? Cheeky (tweecky) I know, but wonder if possible, might help.

Madass

Post by Madass » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Phoned the help desk over an issue just before I left for Vietnam and had a go at them about the lack of forum and they just said to use twitter....
However a couple of ours ago I googled alert me forum and this was the top hit.
And her I am. Brill..

BobbyBrownPants

Post by BobbyBrownPants » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Have you tried setting up a Facebook page and contacting the people who like the official AlertMe Facebook page via message?

TIP* Make sure you register a new Facebook account before setting up the page and make both of your Facebook accounts page administrators. Use the fake Facebook account to message people as this might get a 28 day ban for sending too many messages to people you don't know. I got accidentally banned as a "Sex Pest" for inviting to many people I didn't know to a friends house party!

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:00 am

There's an AlertMe Facebook page?
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!