The Alerty App

Support forum for the Alerty app.
roobarb!
Site Admin

Re: The Alerty App

Post by roobarb! » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Right, the app should now be available in all App Stores and now has support for British Gas Safe & Secure systems! :)
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

jb5ep

Post by jb5ep » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi,

Over the moon to find an app that supports the BG safe and secure system!

I've bought Alerty, but when i open it, it just freezes. The message 'Head over to the details tab...' is shown, but touching there (or anywhere on the screen) doesn't do anything.

I'm on an iPhone 5S, running iOS 8.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:36 pm

jb5ep wrote:Over the moon to find an app that supports the BG safe and secure system!

I've bought Alerty, but when i open it, it just freezes. The message 'Head over to the details tab...' is shown, but touching there (or anywhere on the screen) doesn't do anything.

I'm on an iPhone 5S, running iOS 8.0.

Any ideas?
That's weird - are you sure it's crashed? There's a 'pulsing' tick icon on the dialogue box. You should just need to tap on that and the box will disappear, after which you can switch over to the Details tab, choose your system and enter your account username and password.

I've just reset my copy here and there's no crash on my phone or the simulator that I can see. Give that tick a tap and see what happens! If it crashes, it should drop you back to the Springboard (Home Screen).

Perhaps I should put a timeout on that welcome message, so it vanishes on it's own after a few seconds. :)
Alerty - control your AlertMe system with my third-party app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Available on iTunes!

jb5ep

Post by jb5ep » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:52 pm

DOH! Yes, that worked fine - thanks. Yeah, a timeout would maybe help.

This is fantastic - breathes life into a system that I thought was dead and gone! Great stuff.

I'd heard a rumour that BG were rolling in a relaunch of safe and secure into Hive - are you aware of anything along those lines?

Cheers,
Jon

roobarb!
Site Admin

Post by roobarb! » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Great - glad it's working for you! I spotted a couple of minor cosmetic things in v1.53, so another update will appear at some point soon. Just wish I had more time to work on it! Definitely want to add firmware upgrading one day. They're not always pushed automatically, so a control for it instead of phoning support would be nice.

Don't have any insider knowledge on the Hive system, but those additions wouldn't surprise me in the least. It's 100% AlertMe underneath and they've done a great job getting those little hubs into people's homes. Wouldn't make sense not to expand the features!